- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
BAPLA FOCUS 2018
4 Oktober, 2018 @ 10:00 - 17:30
BAPLA FOCUS returns to last year’s successful venue the Museum of London, at the start of October. The full-day conference is the must-attend event for those interested in the future of the image-licensing business.
Despite new commercial challenges it has been a successful year for BAPLA, our members and partners in the creative industries, and this is reflected in the programme.
We address commercial questions with expert panels speaking on:
- The state of the industry: how healthy is the image licensing business?
Panellists will be Carlo Irek of 4cornersimages.com and Chris Barwick of stockfood.co.uk.
- Beyond licensing: how to build your brand and find new markets
Panellists will be Wolfgang Wild of retronaut.com, Sasskia Boersma of rembrandtswife.com and Patrick Towell of golantmediaventures.com.
- Technology now: what difference will blockchain really make for our industry?
Panellists will be Tai Kaish of wemark.com, Marcus Schmitt of copytrack.com and Joe Naylor of imagerights.com.
BAPLA focuses on the value that our members create.
An important question this year had been around the value that museums and cultural institutions bring to the market in images.
We have invited key speakers whose work shows the effort and expertise that goes into cultural and archival photography:
- Catherine Troiano, Assistant Curator of Photographs at the V&A, presents the V&A Photography Centre ahead of its opening as the new home of the Royal Photographic Society Collection.
- John Williams, Chief Photographer at the British Museum, discusses the challenges of working in the field on major museum exhibitions such as Hadrian’s Wall and Pompeii.
- Steen Dupont reviews the curatorial challenges, logistical operations and LEGO modelling needed to photograph the Natural History Museum’s collections.
- Olivia Stroud (V&A) discusses the value that image licencing brings to museums with Shona Corner (National Galleries of Scotland) and Matthew Bailey (National Portrait Gallery).
As before, there will be plenty of opportunity to mingle with picture professionals, image buyers and industry suppliers over lunch, morning and afternoon breaks and at the end-of-day drinks.
Last year over 80% of respondents said they were highly likely to recommend the event to industry colleagues.
Thursday 4 October 2018
Registration & refreshments from 9:30 – 10:00.
The programme starts at 10:00.
The event will end at 17:30 after a drinks reception.
Early bird sales end on 22 August. Book now take advantage: bapla-focus-2018.eventbrite.co.uk